Sunday, November 8, 2009

My Disney Plan!

I have a plan!

A few weeks ago, I heard something really exciting on the radio! Disney World is doing a promotion for Florida residents - buy a 12 month pass before the end of 2009, and get 3 extra months for free! That includes admission to Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. Our girls are at an age where they both LOVE going to the Disney parks (me too!!). So this promotion got me dreaming about how much fun our family could have with Disney passes...we would only need 4 of them, because Ryker isn't ready for Disney yet. (That may sound strange, but with his sensory issues it would be more of an endurance test for him.) Unfortunately, our current income doesn't allow us to make this dream a reality. But I have a fantastic idea!! Drumroll, please...why not ask our family and friends who buy us Christmas gifts to donate to our Disney fund instead?

I'm hoping this will be a good idea for everyone, since you won't have to go shopping or worry about getting the right gift. I have asked Brynn's opinion of my plan, and she thinks it is GREAT idea as long as she still gets her stocking full of candy! I haven't talked to Ellany about it, because then she would assume it was going to happen. But her birthday wish every year is a trip to the Magic Kingdom, and she would be thrilled to have unlimited access!

Instead of visions of sugar plums dancing in my head, I am dreaming about...
  • Random Disney trips whenever we feel like it!
  • Taking Brynn by herself, so she can ride all the fast rides as many times as she wants
  • Taking Ellany by herself, so she can see all the characters she loves
  • Daddy/daughter dates
  • Special holiday shows/events at the parks
  • Date Nights with Adam
  • Taking Brynn for field trips when she does home school next year. Studying American history? We MUST visit "Hall of the Presidents"! Studying China? We MUST visit the China pavilion at Epcot! I'm sure we can come up with all kinds of excuses. ;0)
DISNEY OR BUST!!!

Brynn on Thunder Mountain Railroad

Ellany on Cinderella's Carousel

3 comments:

  1. Oh that is a fantastic idea! we used our income tax refund a couple of years in a row too. SOOO worth it. We would go at least 4 times a month- most of the time even more than that. Just going in the evenings to watch the parade and fireworks and eat the popcorn I brought with us from home, made super fun family home evenings! And if you go right when it opens, you beat the lines and you can be done and out by lunch time so you don't have to spend money in the park! We had it down to a science! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Travis was reading your post this morning and he told me to tell you about parking. We always just bought the season passes- because who really wants to attend Disney during the hottest 6 weeks of summer- anyway to get your parking included buy 1 annual pass instead of the season pass, but buy it in a childrens ticket. Way cheaper and it doesn't matter whose ticket is annual parking is included!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Robin!

    Thanks for all your hard work! I guess Adam didn't tell you, I went on your blog to drag off some pics and read about your Disney Quest. So I am just going to do that. (Also told Cheryl, so she is too!)
    Take Care, ~Gena

    P.S. You need to put the Haunted Mansion song on here!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments put a great big smile on my face!! Thanks for stopping by! :0)