Saturday, July 17, 2010

39


Yesterday I turned 39. Yeah, Me!! I have decided it is the first of many 39th birthdays to come. To celebrate, I have compiled a list of 39 facts about myself. Some you may know, others may surprise you. And I must give credit to my friend Stacey, because I got this idea from her blog. Here goes!

1. I am a music addict. The only time I like silence is when I am sleeping.

2. I was a missionary for 18 months in Wales and England.

3. Two weeks before I came home from my mission, I passed out and put my tooth through my lip. They had to extract a tooth chip from inside my lip and give me stitches.

4. I was a vegetarian for 6 months during college, which included a Thanksgiving and Christmas with no turkey.

5. While shopping for clothes, if I find something in the wrong size section I feel compelled to put it back in the right place.

6. I hate Rod Stewart.

7. I once worked as a dance club DJ on country night (and I don't like country music).

8. When I was in third grade, I had a boyfriend named Mike Tyson. 

9. I have never had a broken bone.

10. On our first date, Adam and I went cave exploring and waded through knee high water.

11. I don't like the food to touch on my plate.

12. While in my 20's, I seriously considered buying a motorcycle. 

13. I bought Michael Jackson's "Thriller" on LP when it came out.

14. I can raise one eyebrow...my left one.

15. When I am pregnant, I actually lose body weight while gaining baby weight. Shortly after giving birth, I weigh less than I did before I was pregnant.

16. I played the flute and piccolo in junior high and high school band.

17. I hate the feeling of wet hair on my back.

18.  I had naturally straight hair the first 27 years of my life. The first time I was pregnant my hair started growing in curly, and has continued to get curlier since then.

19. I would love to be a florist.

20. I once slept on the sidewalk overnight so I could have a good seat for the parade the next day.

21. My older brother used to call me "Lizard Breath" because it rhymes with my middle name, Elizabeth.

22. When I eat a salad, I have to sniff all the bottles of salad dressing before I decide which one I want.

23. I majored in Pre-Veterinary science and Biology, but ended up being a Computer Network Administrator.

24. I love manatees.

25. I have driven across the United States 5 times.

26. I think Ellany's laugh is the best sound in the world.

27. My feet are now a half size bigger than they were before I had kids.

28. I was christened in the Catholic church when I was an infant.

29. I read the Nancy Drew mysteries when I was in 2nd grade.

30. I never get tired of Disney World, no matter how many times I have been there.

31. I have lots of allergies, and sneeze every single day of my life.

32. My father and my 3 brothers all have names that start with "B"...I got to be Robin because my parents couldn't agree on a name that started with B.

33. I pick things up off the floor with my toes.

34. I am 50% Dutch, with a real pair of wooden shoes to prove it.

35. I love to read, and hate it when I'm not in the middle of a good book.

36. I teach a Sunday School class of 12-13 year old girls every Sunday.

37. I have been selling stuff on eBay for 10 years, and have a positive feedback rating of 2076.

38. When we lined up by height for class photos in elementary school, I was always the shortest one in class.

39. I turn to mush when Ryker looks at me and says, "I want help, PLEASE!".

4 comments:

  1. 6. Boo, although he is kind of disgusting now that he is older.

    11. Me either!

    12. I'm considering it now

    14. I wanna see it

    18. really? Interesting

    20. that's hard core

    29. We have almost the whole set. Lew's fave. I liked the Hardy Boys.

    30. Me too!

    33. Me too!

    38. I was usually second shortest

    39. Made me cry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel proud that I knew most of those things about you:)! I thought staying overnight for the parade was great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your 39 things. I will absolutely copy the idea in a month or so :)

    Love and Asian pototoes,

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! Thanks for sharing and Happy Birthday! I hate Rod myself. Can he even sing??? Hope you had a good one, and a great year ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments put a great big smile on my face!! Thanks for stopping by! :0)