Sunday, September 12, 2010

My Quilt

My mom can sew anything. When I was little, she made a lot of my clothes. When I got married, the wedding dress she made for me was exactly what I wanted - even though I was in Utah and she was in Florida. And now, when I need something hemmed or repaired my mom always comes to the rescue. 

For several years now, Mom has been making quilts. In Spring 2009, she agreed to make a quilt for my queen size bed. I was so excited! I found a quilt pattern that I loved ("Under the Sea") and we spent a lot of time finding 10 coordinating fabrics. Since that time, my mom has had heart surgery and multiple eye surgeries. And for a while she wasn't happy with how the quilt was turning out (her perfectionist tendencies!) and put it away. So there have been a few pauses along the way for this quilt. Yesterday, my mom presented me with my finished quilt. Isn't it gorgeous??

These are all my favorite colors...shades of blues and greens that make me think of the sea.

Click on the photo to see the pretty details!


I know that my mom spent countless hours and lots of stress on this project for me. And she carried on despite her vision problems. I am so very grateful for her kindness and for her talent! I love this quilt not only because it is beautiful, but because my mom made it for ME.
Thanks, Mom!!! :0)

4 comments:

  1. WOW! I can't imagine how much work that must have been. Tell you mom hi for me and tell her I am amazed by her talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! It is beautiful! How lucky you are to have such an amazing,wonderful mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Tell your mom GREAT JOB! And you both did a great job of picking out fabrics...the placement is perfect! What a wonderful surprise it must have been. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing!!! Something I'm sure you will treasure forever :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments put a great big smile on my face!! Thanks for stopping by! :0)