Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Blue Spring Musings

Since yesterday was a school holiday (President's Day),
the kids and I took a little trip to Blue Spring State Park.
We got to hang out in my parents' motor home,
and the weather was perfect.

This is the time of year when the manatees come to the springs.


See those gray blobs in the water? They are manatees.

Here are a few of the things the kids did today.
None of them were out of the ordinary,
which is exactly why I am documenting them.

This is our normal...


Ryker sang a song about mushrooms.


While touring a historic home, we saw a steamboat model.
Ellany informed me that Robert Fulton invented the steamboat.
Hmm...I didn't know that.

Ryker saw a squirrel and our computer-loving boy said,
"Click the squirrel!".

Brynn caught a lizard.


Because he didn't have any sticks to throw in the water,
Ryker threw his shoe instead!

Luckily, it landed just short of the water
and Brynn hiked down to save it.

This is the last pic I got before my camera batteries died.
It was a lovely day!

1 comment:

Your comments put a great big smile on my face!! Thanks for stopping by! :0)