Ellany has friends!! And they love her!! The 2 girls to Ellany's right are Lizbeth and Jennah. They have been in the same class for three years now, and are so sweet to her. Whenever I see Jennah, she tells me that she is Ellany's friend and "takes care of her". I am so grateful that her classmates love her, despite her quirks. Most people take it for granted that their children have friends, but I don't. Honestly, whenever I look at this photo it makes me tear up.
A month ago, I asked Ellany what kind of birthday party she wanted. She requested an Incredibles party and a Violet cake. I couldn't picture how to make a cake that looked like Violet, so I tried to talk her into a cake with the Incredibles logo. She would look at me and say, "I think...Violet." Not many options there. So I was motivated to try a new decorating technique - buttercream transfer. You make your image by piping frosting on wax paper, with a picture underneath to act as your guide. Then you transfer it to your cake. It's like coloring with frosting...I loved it! And I am excited about all the possibilities it creates, because I can make anything that you can print. Here is the Violet cake!

Our Incredible family! :0)
Playing her new Incredibles Leapster game. I love that it is educational - teaches multiplication, parts of speech and more.
This doll is the gift that Ellany most wanted! She changes her clothes several times a day and carries her around.
My mom got this cute Dorothy outfit for the doll! Ellany has been watching "The Wizard of Oz" a lot lately, and loves the costume.
After all the presents were opened and Ellany changed her doll's clothes once again, we all watched "The Incredibles" together. It was a fun night celebrating our wonderful Ellany!April 20th also happens to be our wedding anniversary. 14 years! But as you can guess, the day usually gets devoted to celebrating Ellany's birthday. Adam and I are going out this Saturday night. An actual date...yipee!




What a fun birthday! And as always, your cake looks AMAZING!!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is an adorable picture! Even more because of what the little girl said. Love it. Love the cake. SO Robby wants a blue jay(the bird) on his cake--not sure why--and I have no idea how do it. Any ideas off the top of your head?
ReplyDeleteHope you have a great date tommorrow!
What a cutie!I completely understand about the friends. Brayden finally just made his first friend. When he came home from school excited shouting someone likes me and we are friends, I cried for an entire afternoon- I was so relieved! I hope you have an amazing date tomorrow! Enjoy yourselves- you deserve a night off!
ReplyDeleteYou are such a great mom! Looks like a fun party and an Incredible cake! :)
ReplyDelete