Monday, November 1, 2010

A Seussical Halloween

This year our family theme for costumes was Dr. Seuss. This was inspired by the fact that Ryker and Ellany both adore, and frequently quote, Dr. Seuss books. I think we own every book he ever wrote! And they have all been extremely well loved and taped back together several times. :0)

Our costumes got a jumpstart because my parents already had two that we could borrow - Thing 1 & Thing 2. They only required minor adjustments. Next, my mom sewed both Ryker's Sneetch costume and Ellany's Sam I Am costume. She also helped me make Ellany's hat. I purchased the hat/bowtie/gloves for Adam's costume, we made green eggs & ham and a sign for Ellany...and we were set!

Ellany was very excited about her costume and would ask people, "Do you like green eggs and ham?". We went to the ward Trunk-or-Treat, where we won the award for best jack-o-lanterns. We took 4 pumpkins, since we each made one (except for Ryker). I have lots of fun photos to post, so decided to put them in an online album. It also includes our October visit to Magic Kingdom. Just click on the "Halloween Slideshow" text below the photo!
 

2 comments:

  1. I love how creative and dedicated your family was with making such unique costumes.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments put a great big smile on my face!! Thanks for stopping by! :0)