Friday, April 15, 2011

I SPY: My Neighborhood

I follow a blog called Little Miss Momma that is doing a fun photo series called "I Spy" and this week is the "Neighborhood" edition. I decided to join in, so I took Brynn and the camera on a walk around our neighborhood this morning.

Our home is just a block away from two gas stations and a busy, noisy four-lane highway. But if you head a block or two in the opposite direction from our home, you will come to the lake. The same lake that I lived next to while growing up. I love the water, the wildlife, the sunsets... Our walk this morning helped me focus on the part of my neighborhood that I really enjoy.



 The neighborhood consists mostly of concrete block houses that were built in the 60's.

There are a few newer houses mixed in, and some that have been remodeled like this one. I love this house...and it faces the lake, so they get breathtaking views of the sunset!

 



Brynn made friends with a cat that followed us for a while.

Don't you just want to sit in one of those rocking chairs?





 

Can you see the 2 birds in this photo?





Hope you enjoyed the neighborhood tour!

3 comments:

  1. I like the photos of our neighborhood. I like how in the recent General Conference they talked about slowing and noticing the little things around you, the little beauties you drive past quickly everyday on the way to someplace important. I love the birds, the beauty of the lake, the homes, the history in each picture... I hope the Easter Bunny comes to our house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a fun tour!

    Good for you heading to Talahasee!
    Also what a fun b-day surprise for Adam! Way to keep a ecret.

    Loved that Ellany rocks!

    I always enjoy you blog and seeing what you are up to! Hope all is well and I would really like catching up with you sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous trip through your beautiful neighborhood! I totally love that one house too--amazing balconies! Your daughter is beautiful and so was all the scenery!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments put a great big smile on my face!! Thanks for stopping by! :0)