Sunday, March 22, 2009

5K Walk for Autism

Last week I discovered that there was a 5K Walk/Run for Autism coming up...in just 2 days!! That gave me very little time to fundraise, but I quickly registered and sent out my emails. I'm all for raising autism awareness, so was excited to participate. I thought I would be walking alone until Laurie (my cousin-in-law?) agreed to join me. So bright and early Saturday morning I showed up, not even knowing how long a 5K was!! I was informed that it is 3.1 miles, which sounded reasonable. Laurie and I chatted and walked around an enormous parking lot, and were fairly close to being last...but we finished in one hour. Yeah for us!! The one picture I had someone take of us was horribly blurry, so here is a pic of my number. I know it's no marathon...baby steps, people!

3 comments:

  1. I think you did it in good time for just walking. That's a pretty good clip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A 5k!? Holy cow I would DIE!! Good for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! Don't you love how they measure them in kilometers in stead of miles, so you can feel like you've gone even further? :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments put a great big smile on my face!! Thanks for stopping by! :0)