This morning Ellany came to me and asked for a bow. She said she was wrapping a present. Curious, I followed her out to the living room. This is what I found...
When I asked what was happening she told me, "Red Puppet is sick!". (He is Red Puppet because he wears a red shirt.) She had made him a little bed on the couch, got him Ryker's favorite rabbit and made him a card! Here is the inside of the card:
Then she showed me his present - a Winnie the Pooh book between 2 blank sheets of paper (her improvised wrapping paper). I helped her tape it together and put the bow on. She then decided Red Puppet needed a snack. First she fed him some plastic watermelon, then got him a drink. Next, she opened his present for him and sat on the couch to read the book to him.
This whole scene has got to be one of the sweetest things I have ever seen!! Especially considering Ellany's background...she has only really gotten the hang of pretend play the last year or so. It was great to see her acting out empathy for someone else's feelings.
When I asked what was happening she told me, "Red Puppet is sick!". (He is Red Puppet because he wears a red shirt.) She had made him a little bed on the couch, got him Ryker's favorite rabbit and made him a card! Here is the inside of the card:
Then she showed me his present - a Winnie the Pooh book between 2 blank sheets of paper (her improvised wrapping paper). I helped her tape it together and put the bow on. She then decided Red Puppet needed a snack. First she fed him some plastic watermelon, then got him a drink. Next, she opened his present for him and sat on the couch to read the book to him.
This whole scene has got to be one of the sweetest things I have ever seen!! Especially considering Ellany's background...she has only really gotten the hang of pretend play the last year or so. It was great to see her acting out empathy for someone else's feelings. Not long after this, I was in another room and heard Ellany exclaim, "He's Alive!". I guess Red Puppet made a speedy recovery. ;0)




She is just precious! What a sweet little girl.
ReplyDeleteWhen I walk in the door after work, Ellany almost always yells "He's alive!" No matter how bad of a day I might of had up to that point, her words make me laugh and that seems to bring me back to life. Great post Robin. I love you!
ReplyDeleteThat is so sweet! What a cute girl :)
ReplyDelete