Friday, May 29, 2009

It's Crazy Around Here!

Let me paint a little scenario for you. This afternoon the girls were home from school and Ryker was awake after his nap. The usual chaos was ensuing. Then I got a phone call...from the bishop. And he wanted to stop by my house in a few minutes! Being the agreeable person that I am, I told him to come over. As I hung up the phone, I immediately formulated my plan - the fastest way to clean up the areas within view from a seat on the couch. But first I needed to check on Ryker. I found him in Ellany's room, balancing behind the blinds on her windowsill! As I saved him from yet another forehead bruise, I discovered that he needed a diaper change. Of course!! (How do kids instinctively pick the most inconvenient times for bodily functions??) After I was done cleaning up Ryker, I heard Brynn yelling from her bedroom. Tangerine, her corn snake, had escaped!! I double checked to make sure he was not hiding in the tank, then told Brynn to close her door and start looking for him. Next, I started racing around trying to clean up the living room. After a few minutes I heard Brynn laughing. She came out to tell me that she found Tangerine in her pillow case! :0) Immensely relieved, I snapped a quick picture for Brynn and continued frantically cleaning.


The bishop then arrived and we sat down to chat over the noise of Ryker spinning toys on the coffee table. He extended a calling to me, which I cannot divulge at this time! But I accepted. Stay tuned for a post about my new calling.

So here is the good part...tonight is a long anticipated Girls' Night with some friends. So I am now escaping the chaos to go hang out with the girls, play board games and eat fattening food. Yahoo! I'm outta here!!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you had a fun girls night! And I can't wait to find out what your new calling is:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how big your cornsnake is, it is huge. I hope you had a great night out! So it's Sunday...do we get to know about your calling?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments put a great big smile on my face!! Thanks for stopping by! :0)