I started something new this week. I experienced a major paradigm shift. I became a runner.
This is very foreign for me and my sedentary lifestyle. Here is some background about me...I have never been on a sports team. I have never been interested in athletics. I have only exercised on a regular basis once in my life - walking on my treadmill for 3 months in 2009. I recently decided it was time to get back on my treadmill again. Then I set a goal to run a 5K this November. And I invited my brother, Ben, to run with me while he is visiting from Texas for Thanksgiving...
This is where things get serious. Ben is now my trainer. He is one of those annoying over-achievers who has run several marathons and triathalons. He has me on a training schedule. He has decided we are running a 10K!!! And I have to do my workouts OUTSIDE on Fridays. Walking/running on my treadmill in my air-conditioned house (while watching an episode of "Lost") is a VERY different experience from walking/running in the Florida heat on a concrete sidewalk. Oh. My. Goodness. I did it for the first time today, and it was rough.
I am starting out with a lot of walking and a little running. I will gradually increase the running time and decrease the walking time. And in 15 weeks I will be running 6.2 miles. Piece of cake, right??





No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments put a great big smile on my face!! Thanks for stopping by! :0)