Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I SPY: Closet of Memories

My mom asked me to come over and clean out a closet in my old bedroom. She had been saving a bunch of my stuff since I lived at home. Going through that closet was like opening a time capsule to my teenage years in the 80's! Look what I found...

I bought this record back when Michael Jackson still looked normal, and I was completely in love with him!

This poster used to hang on the wall of my bedroom. When I showed it to Brynn, she immediately noticed that there were no red or blue M&Ms! It was when they stopped making red ones (it was thought the red dye caused cancer) and hadn't started making blue ones yet.

A tape recording of my flute solo at a band concert

The day I got my braces off!

Remember Kirk Cameron? And when the first Bush was VP?

Class of 1989

 My high school video yearbook...on VHS.
I appear in this for about 2 seconds.

The one and only guy I dated before college drew this for me, when I was considering going to BYU.

 But I decided to accept a full scholarship and go here instead...
Like my big hair?

A poster from my mission farewell

Like, what totally awesome stuff!!
Now I have to find a place to put all of it...

3 comments:

  1. What awesome stuff. I remember the big deal they made over what was the next M&M color going to be? I also remember when Michael Jackson was black. Thanks for sharing these things from your past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will totally buy the m&m poster! That thing is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, this is the first time I had seen this post and that is TOO FUNNY about the M&M's! And I have to say that I absolutely loved your darker hair color!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments put a great big smile on my face!! Thanks for stopping by! :0)