Today, Ryker was driving me crazy.
His "sensory seeking" behavior causes him to create chaos ALL. DAY. LONG. While I cleaned Ellany's room, he destroyed mine. He cleared every surface, flung objects, chewed others and unstuffed the chair. I have cleaned up his messes thousands of times, but this time it felt like the straw and I was the camel.
SO, after locking most other rooms in the house, I put Ryker in his bedroom with some toys to occupy him. Then I lay down on the couch, shut my eyes and tried to stay calm and regroup.
Silly Me!
In those brief moments,
he found the food coloring bottles I had left on the stove.
he found the food coloring bottles I had left on the stove.
And emptied them on his bed.
(The splatter effect makes me think of Jackson Pollock.)
Just 24 more days until school starts, just 24 more days until school starts, just 24 more days until school starts...
*Deep Breath*
My sanity may not be intact by then.





I know I'm slow reading this. However, if it makes you feel any better, thanks to Shad I can tell you how to get 3 bottles of food coloring out of the carpet.
ReplyDelete