Wednesday, July 9, 2008

An Explanation

Hello, Everyone! To begin, I would like to explain the title of my blog. We live out in "no man's land" - not within any official city limits. The closest town is a little speck on the other side of our lake called Tangerine. It consists of a post office, community church, homes and a couple stop signs. When asked where I live, I will reply "Tangerine". Our mailing address is Mount Dora, even though it is several miles from here. The reason being that the Mount Dora post office delivers our mail. The Tangerine post office is so tiny, they don't deliver mail and we would have to use a post office box. So now you know.

Tangerine also happens to be the name of Brynn's pet snake. (But I don't think the snake will be participating in this blog.) Brynn chose the name because he is a creamsicle corn snake - orange & white. Ellany will tell you there are 3 kinds of Tangerine...a fruit, a color, and a snake. I haven't told her about the town yet. I think she will be delighted to add another to her list!

The purpose of my blog is purely selfish. I figured it may be therapeutic to write about the craziness of my daily life, being the mother of 3 kids - 2 of whom have special needs. So if you want to check in and see what is going on at our house...great! If not, I will just entertain myself.

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Welcome to the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world! It's cool that you're on here now. Hope all is going well and I'll see you on Sunday for you birthday dinner:)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments put a great big smile on my face!! Thanks for stopping by! :0)