Friday, July 18, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!



My birthday was July 16th. If you are reading this you probably know how old I am, so we won't go into that... My parents came over to our house and watched the kids all day on my birthday. Woohoo!!! Adam and I headed to Tampa and went to the Florida Aquarium. We saw super freaky bat fish, enormous grouper and cute poison dart frogs. Plus I got to touch some stingrays! The rays were unexpectedly soft and squishy - I was expecting a sandpaper texture like a shark. Then we went to a theater nearby to watch "Wall*E". We couldn't believe that we were the only people in the movie theater! (Of course, it was 5:30pm on a Wednesday...) It is a strange feeling to know that they are playing the movie just for you. I liked putting my feet up on the seat in front of me, but felt silly when I was the only one laughing! :0D


When Adam asked what I wanted for my birthday, I requested an entire day to myself without the kids. So on the 17th, he took the day off from work and stayed home with the kids. I left to enjoy my favorite sport...bargain shopping! I enjoyed the break from mommy duties immensely, even though I had to get my dead car battery jumped twice during the day. Today life is back to normal. Only 363 days until my next birthday! ;0)

2 comments:

  1. Wasn't Wall-E an awesome movie?! We loved it. I'm glad you were able to get a day to yourself:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that sounds like 2 days w/out kids--you seriously have an awesome husband & awesome parents!! Happy Birthday late!! Let's really try & treat ourselves to lunch this year (if we can persuade the men to another hour or two w/the children)!

    By the way...love the new look of your blog page--great family pix!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments put a great big smile on my face!! Thanks for stopping by! :0)