Ellany put toothpaste in her hair today. She does this because she has seen Mr. Noodle do it on a Sesame Street video. Hiding it on a shelf in the bathroom closet doesn't work. I may have to start locking up the toothpaste.
After lunch, I was in the bedroom and heard the sound of breaking glass. I sprinted to the kitchen and found Ryker standing on the table, throwing whatever he could grab. Ellany sat there calmly watching him, as if his behavior was perfectly normal. Ryker had broken a plate and thrown tomatoes on the floor. That is what I get for not clearing the table fast enough!
Later, Ellany got one of Ryker's pop-up books and ripped the pop-ups out. I had put the book in a basket, high up on a shelf to keep it out of her reach. In reality, there is no place out of Ellany's reach. She feels compelled to rip the flaps and pop-ups out of books. I have no idea why.
Ellany also found some crayons today and drew a beautiful rainbow on the coffee table. Whenever someone forgets to put a pen/pencil/crayon away, I will find her artwork on the wall, table or countertop. I wish I knew how to get crayon off of wood!
I lost count of how many times I had to help Ellany locate her clothes and put them back on again today.
This is a typical day around here. All of these things have happened before, and will continue to happen on a regular basis. The kids are in bed now...I am going to go have some Ben & Jerry's!
Monday, July 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Robin,
ReplyDeletePlease, please keep blogging!!! If I should ever think I've had a rough day, then I'll be able to come here & put it all in perspective again. You are one patient woman...don't know how you do it?!? You are too funny too!! I hope you enjoyed the Ben & Jerrys..you deserved it!
Swimming was fun today--your kids were so cute in the water. When you're ready to tackle it again--call me!
You should send your kids down to my house and take a nap. Oh wait. Hmm. I still think you should move back. :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a rough day. Your kids are lucky they have you. Have two Ben & Jerry's.