Saturday, July 26, 2008

Goodbye, Pilot!

This morning I was doing laundry and found a Little People pilot figure in the pocket of Ellany's outgrown coat. The coat had been in the closet since our last so-called cold weather (February?) and I was washing it so I could sell it on eBay. Knowing Ellany adores her Little People, I was excited to return the pilot to her. I remembered seeing the toy recently, but thought she must have stuck it in the pocket of the coat while it was on the laundry pile.

When I gave it to her, Ellany said "Two pilots!" and went off to her room. This got me thinking. The pilot I found must have been one she got at someone else's house, the last time she wore the coat! I walked back to my room, racking my brain trying to figure out who it could belong to when I heard something... Ellany saying, "Goodbye, Pilot!" and the toilet flushing. Of course it was too late, but I ran to the bathroom. Ellany received a non-effective lecture about not flushing toys. Having TWO pilots obviously disrupted the order of the universe. One of them had to go.

Let's hope my next post isn't about plumbing problems!

2 comments:

  1. Of course you can't have two pilots. Think of all the confusion that would cause. First they'd have to fight over who actually got to fly the plane. Then what would the second one do? Co-pilot? What if he became jealous mid-flight and tried to take out pilot number one. Then when a fight broke out they'd both be knocked out and then who would be left to fly the plane? Some little old lady would have to rely on her scooter driving experience to safely land the plane and save all those innocent passengers. Oh the drama!

    All in all it sounds less painful than the way Laura Carrot went. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny! It would be so interesting to know what was going on in their litte minds!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments put a great big smile on my face!! Thanks for stopping by! :0)