Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Favorite Christmas Presents

This year, for the first time, Ellany told us what she wanted for Christmas. At the Festival of the Nativity, she lit up when she spotted a Little People Nativity. She loves her Little People toys and has quite a collection. Standing in front of that nativity, she said "Ellany's FAVORITE Christmas present is the Little People Nativity!" I said, "Would you like that for Christmas?" She replied, "YES!!" with a huge smile. How could I possibly say no to that? A few days later, we were in Walmart. As we walked past the toy section, Ellany spotted a display of the Little People Nativity. She grabbed a box and said, "Let's go!". I told her I couldn't get one that day (trying to preserve some of the surprise...). She thought for a moment and said, "Mommy will come back to Walmart and get the Little People Nativity." Every day after that, she asked me to open it. She just assumed that I had bought it!

Brynn wrote out her wish list. At the top of her list was...a bag of ice!! (Brynn loves to be cold and suck on ice cubes.) #2 on her wish list was tomatoes in her Christmas stocking. I'm not joking, people.

Here are some photos of Ellany, Brynn and Ryker with their Christmas presents:

Woohoo!

Brynn's webkinz crocodiles - she named them Steve & Teri.

Ryker's "Pounding Bed Bugs" - sorta like whack-a-mole!

5 comments:

  1. So much fun! I'm glad you were able to find the Little People Nativity. I've always wanted one, but they are really hard to find around here. My sister finally ordered one online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun Christmas :) I've always wanted that Nativity too but they are impossible to get!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aidan loves the Little people, as well. Every time Dawn babysits him all he does is play with the farm and animals, so when we heard that set was on sale, that's what we got for Aidan. He LOVES it and carries the animals around everywhere with him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder why the Little People Nativity is so scarce in Utah? All the mormons want it for their kids?? The Walmart stores here seemed to be well stocked...they had lots of them in 2 different stores. But it was expensive - in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no idea how you make the pictures large by clicking on them. Mine just does it. I'm not any better at computers than I was 12 years ago. It's all just trial and error for me. I wonder if it could be the program they are uploaded from or something. Mine is windows pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments put a great big smile on my face!! Thanks for stopping by! :0)