January 28th was Brynn's 10th birthday! We had a family party the Saturday before, and I made an alligator cake. Even though I used 3 tubs of frosting, I still didn't have enough to finish the sides of the tail. Oh well, let's just pretend it was supposed to look that way. ;0) I saved a couple of her gifts until the 28th, so that day would still feel special. When I told Brynn she still had 2 gifts to open, she said, "Just tell me if they are books. You know I love books!!". Luckily, I had saved 2 books for our voracious reader!Brynn also took cupcakes with green frosting & dragon flies to school on her birthday. I had to BUY them, because OCPS doesn't allow any homemade food to be given to the students. Aargh!! That really annoys me. Anyway, Brynn was wearing a white tee that said "Birthday Girl" that day. As she handed out cupcakes, she managed to smear bright green frosting on her shirt. She and a friend went to the bathroom to try to clean it up, and succeeded in getting the entire shirt very wet and very green. So Brynn had to go to the clinic and borrow a shirt to wear the rest of the day. That is just sooo Brynn! That girl really knows how to make a mess. :0)
I still can't believe I have a child whose age is double digits now...it goes by so fast!


A good view of Brynn's tonsils - she was so excited about her Waterhorse DVD!
She LOVES her snow leopard from Uncle Ben & Aunt Amory!
The awesome card Amanda made for Brynn!
See my green teeth?
Prepping for Scrabble with Uncle Bevan




Robin what a GREAT mom you are. That alligator cake was AMAZING! I know what you mean about time going by so fast. It seems like we blink and we are planning another birthday party. It looks like you guys had a great party! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday Brynn!! :) I just LOVE that alligator cake- you are so talented!!
ReplyDeleteWhat an incredible cake!! Nice job! Glad Brynn had a great birthday. She is a great kid. Oh and I never told you I love your pic at the top.
ReplyDeleteLOL! She seems like such a cute and fun girl. Once again, I love the cake. I'm thinking there may be an arranged marriage somewhere in our future. I'm thinking Brynn and Derek would get along great. Derek also loves all kinds of reptiles and he loves to read (and he's a really good and kind boy, too). Adam would die if he got a book for his birthday and Derek would die if he didn't. Isn't it funny how different they can be?
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you made that cake, you are amazing! Do you do elephants? :)
ReplyDelete