A few days before the 16th, I made a birthday cake for a friend. I tried a new strawberry cake recipe which tasted good, but was very dense & heavy (thanks a lot, Martha Stewart!). So I made a new strawberry cake for the friend. Brynn had the great idea to make the first cake into a piano for Beethoven's birthday. I also gave her my leftover cream cheese frosting, which happened to be red. So here is the cake that Brynn constructed and frosted (I did the writing). Beethoven would be 239 if he was still alive!

Doesn't Ellany look excited? :0) We sang "Happy Birthday" to Ludwig and she blew out the candle. Here is our guest of honor:
After the cake, Ellany played two Beethoven songs for us. The notes aren't perfect but considering that she doesn't read music or take lessons, we were impressed. Here is her rendition of "Fur Elise":




Ellany amazes me!! Wow!
ReplyDeleteawesome. I love it.
ReplyDelete