Saturday, August 6, 2011

{Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Cupcakes}

This week, two of my friends had a birthday on the same day.
I thought that was a great reason to make cupcakes!
This is what I came up with...


Peanut butter frosting (with a little cream cheese)
swirled with chocolate frosting,
on a chocolate cupcake,
topped with a Reeses peanut butter cup.
YUM!

This was the first time I tried swirling 2 different frostings together. I simply filled one side of my pastry bag with chocolate and the other side with peanut butter. It worked, but it was a little difficult and very messy!

After my cupcakes were finished, I found this fantastic tutorial on how to swirl frosting. No mess involved.


Can't wait to try this method...just brilliant!




7 comments:

  1. Those look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look phenomenal. I am a terrible cook so I am always in {envy} of people who can create such delicious-looking goodies! Wow!

    I would love for you to come link this up at Freestyle Friday (going on all weekend)! happyhourprojects.blogspot.com and do not look at my sad cupcakes I posted this morning, LOL!

    Adrianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. they were phenomenal! I was one of the recipients! Thank you Robin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing the icing tip looks very cool and the cupcakes look yummy come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, these look TASTY!! How much cream cheese did you add to the frosting?

    thanks! krdanielson at homail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some beautiful cupcakes. Thanks for the link to the tutorial. If you get a chance I would love you to link your cupcakes up to More the Merrier Monday. It lasts through Wednesday so you have plenty of time to stop by. See you there. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could go for one of those, want to ship them?!?! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments put a great big smile on my face!! Thanks for stopping by! :0)