Thursday, August 4, 2011

Ellany's Piano Recital

Our sweet Ellany has a gift for music. She can hear a song and then play it by ear. Her piano teacher says that she has perfect pitch. She sings her way through most days, and we love it!

She has been taking piano lessons for the last year, so now she reads music too. We are so happy with her progress! We decided to make her first recital a small, informal affair at our home. Our Melodigrand mini-piano was given to us by friends several years ago. They heard Ellany playing the piano after church one Sunday, and decided she needed to have her own.


 On the left is Carol Kennedy, Ellany's Primary teacher. On the right is Bobbyn Lowder, her piano teacher. Both of these lovely ladies are long-time family friends.

Brynn made programs for everyone :0)
 
The cute curtsy at the end!

 You knew there would be cake, right?

Miraculously, a decent family photo!

And here is a video montage of Ellany playing. If the song has lyrics, she always sings along.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm impressed! Way to go Ellany!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, I just checked in & you're still blogging! Yay for getting 'er done....consistent people are well, just that...so consistent, so reliable.

    Anyway, I saw a link to this post on FB somewhere! I had no idea Ellany has become so accomplished in piano. That's awesome. It really is a gift, that's good stuff for a year of lessons. I love the way you celebrated her achievements...right at home where she'd be most comfortable! You guys are such good parents with such great kids.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments put a great big smile on my face!! Thanks for stopping by! :0)