My 12 year old daughter is now half an inch taller than me.
She passed me up!
Granted, at 5'2" a lot of people in this world are taller than me.
80% of them, to be exact.
So I am used to that.
But Brynn being taller than me affects me emotionally.
What happened to the baby girl who made me a mom?
The one I could hold in my arms or snuggle on my lap.
Soon I will find myself looking up at her.
Since she was a toddler, Brynn has wanted to be tall like her 6'1" dad. She couldn't wait for the day she would be taller than me! Now that it is finally here, she feels differently. I think she is a little scared of growing up.
I guess we are both a little apprehensive about this new phase she is entering. But I am excited about all the things she will learn, discover and accomplish. I am excited to see the incredible woman that she becomes. My big/little girl is growing up in more ways than one, and she makes me VERY proud.







This post is a glimpse into my future! I'm 5'1", and my husband is 6'1", so I'm just waiting for the day my daughters (one of whom is named Brynn!) surpass me on the growth chart. At almost 5 and just 2, I hope I have a few more years before that happens ;)
ReplyDelete