Sunday, August 17, 2008

The "Not So Much Vacation"

Adam took this past week off from work. We planned this vacation several months ago, thinking that the week before the girls go back to school would be a good time for family fun. Unfortunately, this week turned out an awful lot like every other week! Adam worked several days, I watched the kids, plus Ryker was sick and grumpy. However, we did manage to squeeze in a few fun activities. :0)
Here are some photos:Adam and I had a friend get us in to Disney World without the kids...shocking!! We managed to stifle the guilt and had lots of fun park hopping - Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and Epcot. We stood in a very long line for the Expedition Everest roller coaster. It goes backwards...VERY fast...IN THE DARK!!! I definitely will not be doing that ride again!

Adam next to a totem pole at Animal Kingdom. I took this pic for Brynn, because there is a snake on the pole!


I'm trying to eat an ice cream bar before it melts...very messy!
On Saturday, we went out on the lake with my parents and their Waverunner. Brynn was excited to get to drive!
Swim time is much more fun for Ellany (and everyone else) now that she wears a life vest!

Ryker was sick & grumpy, but I still managed to get him to smile by singing the "Ryker Man" song! My mom is wearing the big shades because she recently had eye surgery and her eyes are sensitive to light.

I drove the Waverunner and pulled my Dad on water skis behind...he was very excited that he can still do it!

Brynn tried using a mask and fins for the first time. She declared it her "best swimming experience EVER!".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments put a great big smile on my face!! Thanks for stopping by! :0)