Friday, October 3, 2008

TAG - You're It!

I am just learning about being "tagged" in the blog world. My friend Shay tagged me for this one:

8 Favorite MOVIES:
Can you tell I am a romantic?
1. Pride and Prejudice (Keira Knightley version)
2. Pride and Prejudice (LDS version)
3. My Big Fat Greek Wedding
4. Sleepless in Seattle
5. Hitch
6. While You Were Sleeping
7. Sweet Home Alabama
8. Runaway Bride

8 Favorite RESTAURANTS:
Of course I never get to go out to eat. But I remember a time when I did.
1. Olive Garden...breadsticks and alfredo sauce!
2. Carraba's Italian Grill...chicken marsala!
3. Pollo Tropical...pulled pork w/rice & beans!
4. The Pie (Utah)...Best. Pizza. EVER!
5. Archibald's (Also in Utah)...fried green tomatoes!
6. Anyplace that serves really good chicken chimichangas
7. Harry's Seafood (Ocala)...scallops to die for!

8. Red Lobster...shrimp scampi and garlic cheese biscuits!

8 Things that HAPPENED YESTERDAY:
This is not a typical day. Much too calm.

1. Went to the Health Department and got an immunization exemption form for Ryker
2. Attempted a trip to the mall with Ryker...BIG MISTAKE!!! Left a trail of Cheerios and disapproving looks as I made an exit with my screaming toddler.
3. Banged my hand on a door, put on a bandaid
4. Received emails from both Brynn and Ellany's teachers, telling me good things they had done
5. Saw my parents for the first time in several weeks
6. Helped Ellany do her homework
7. Picked up numerous toys/books/shoes/clothes that were scattered all over the house
8. Watched the vice presidential debate online, ranted about Sarah Palin for a while

8 Things I'm LOOKING FORWARD TO:
1. General Conference
2. Dressing up the whole family for Trunk or Treat at church
3. Putting up Halloween decorations
4. Getting the books I ordered from the library in the mail
5. The time when I can sleep through the night without having to get out of bed to help a child
6. When Ryker learns to talk and calls me "Mommy"
7. Cooler weather (maybe that should be on the wish list)
8. Having a real conversation with Ellany in the next life

8 Things on my WISH LIST:
A girl can dream...
1. Financial solvency
2. A maid
3. A trip back to Great Britain, with unlimited time and funds
4. A fenced yard and play set with swings/slides in the back
5. Remodeling my 60's home...completely new kitchen, exterior paint, carpet in my bedroom, tile on the floor instead of the walls in the bathrooms!
6. Instantly losing 25 lbs., with no effort or deprivation involved
7. Cabinet locks that work, so Ryker will quit spinning all the stainless steel bowls and pot lids on the kitchen floor
8. Clear, flawless skin and dark eyelashes so I can go makeup-free and still look good
9. The money to get Ellany bio-medical therapy
10. The ability to know what Ellany is thinking
11. A presidential candidate I actually want to vote for
12. A date night with my husband

13. Being understood every time I speak

OK, so I did more than 8. I have a long wish list!


8 People I'm TAGGING:
1. Karli
2. Amanda
3. Ila
4. Holly
5. Naomi
6. Natalie
7. Ariann
8. Anyone else who wants to have fun!

3 comments:

  1. Your blogs make me laugh--you really are quite witty. That is a good wish list--too bad number 11 will probably never happen. I hope the rest do:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll do your tag if you do my husband tag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your tag! You cracked me up- thank you. I needed a good laugh today! I agree with ya on so many points!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments put a great big smile on my face!! Thanks for stopping by! :0)