Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ryker Escapades

Ryker thinks the bathroom is his own little playground! We do have toilet locks, which prevent him from playing in the toilet. But he still finds so many ways to have fun in there...Ryker goes in my bathroom and locks himself in. It has an old doorknob, and all you have to do is push in the button to lock it. So he closes the door and locks it, realizes he can't get out, and starts screaming. For this very purpose we keep a small screwdriver in the drawer just outside the bathroom door!

Then there is the bathroom outside the girl's bedrooms. Ryker loves to go in there and flush the toilet...over and over! Then he turns on the water in the bathtub. And he thinks it is really fun to open the little drawer with all the hair accessories and throw everything on the floor. So today I hear the water running in the bathtub and know Ryker is up to trouble. I try to open the door, but it won't open more than a couple inches! After he went in and closed the door, Ryker opened the hair clip drawer - which blocks the door when it is open! So I have to squeeze my hand in this little opening and slowly inch the drawer closed. When I finally get in, I discover that Ryker is filling Ellany's shoe with water! Her brown mary janes were sitting on the edge of the tub, and one got pushed in right under the faucet. Luckily, the shoe is not leather and I'm hoping it will survive.


You are probably wondering why I don't just keep the bathroom doors shut? Ryker can't open doors yet. Common sense, right? Well, I TRY...but Ellany goes in the bathroom and doesn't close the door when she leaves. And sometimes Brynn forgets. Since the girls have the whole week off school, this means even more opportunities than usual for chaos this week!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a day at my house. ( :
    Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After church today I realized I haven't been to your blog in a while & had to stop by! Some great pictures at the beach, what fun! I hope you survive the week off from school...at least no one has a broken arm or leg yet! You're doing better than me!

    I love your long term perspective on the post about Ryker's dr. visit. I think if I could maintain that, I'd be so much of a better mom! You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments put a great big smile on my face!! Thanks for stopping by! :0)